Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print returns even though credits remaining

mikemac25
Level 1

I have 23 remaining credits and attempted to print a return today.  When I do so it tells me that there are no credits remaining and I would need to purchase more.  I understand that if I do so any additional credits will expire today 12/31, so I am avoiding doing so.  My question is, what if anything can I do to use my 23 credits today to print returns?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
itonewbie
Level 15

Here's what you need to do: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/don-t-forget-your-unus...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The OP said he should have 23 credits, but the program is saying he has none left today.  Wasn't there another post with a similar issue this morning?

I'm wondering if Intuit cut things off a day early.

itonewbie
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill  Tax other user's problem is sorted.  He was using the wrong URL and logging into the legacy Intuit Link portal that is no longer operational for PTO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@mikemac25  If you are certain you have 23 credits left but see a 0 balance, there's something wrong with your account and you'd need to contact Intuit Support.

If you click on Purchase on the left panel in PTO, you should see two balances, one for 2020 tax filing season pre-order and another for 2019 tax filing season.  If 2019 shows that you have XXX/XXX used but you don't believe that is correct, click on the link that says Usage details and you'd be able to see all the returns for which credits were deducted.  If there are discrepancies, you can then dispute them with Intuit.

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Someone else now complains in the PTO FB group that she can't use the 1 credit left from the 43/44 used.  If your problem persists, try logging out of PTO and logging back in in incognito mode and see if that helps?

Still an AllStar
taxprep210
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  How were you able to print the PDF?

0 Cheers
mikemac25
Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion!  However, when I attempt to print the return, the pop-up screen appears and tells me there are no credits remaining.  I have been trying to do a "Partial Print" but continue to receive the same message.  Is there some other way of printing that I should be trying?

0 Cheers
taxprep210
Level 1

I am trying to print a PDF on a completed tax return and the system says I have Zero credits.  I purchased a credit last night and still not working.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Like they did with the efiling cutoff.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
taxprep210
Level 1

What is the updated URL?  My system is not working either.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

Like they did with the efiling cutoff.

It's not supposed to.  On the purchase screen, it still shows that these credits are good until Dec 31, 2020.  Something is not right.  We're seeing more complaints in the FB group now.

In fact, I triggered a print for my balance before posting my initial suggestion the other day (and that's after the MeF shutdown).

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo  Hi, Austin and BettyJo, could you have someone look into this?  It looks like this is affecting multiple users today.

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@taxprep210 wrote:

What is the updated URL?  My system is not working either.

@taxprep210  There's no updated URL.  That's specific to another user's question, which is unrelated.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
ProfessorM
Level 2

I am having this same issue. I have 5 credits left. I prepared two returns today and, when I attempted to print them, the system tells me I have zero credits left and asks me to purchase more.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit moderators have been flagged here and in the FB group.  Hopefully, someone will look into it and give everyone an update.

Not sure when this happened exactly but someone reported that the balance dropped to zero around 12pm.  It sounds almost like someone switched off the lights at the office after half-a-day's work before heading home for the long weekend.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers