Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Order in PTO

JMGCville
Level 2

I am new to PTO.  Whenever I log in to my PTO account and click on Clients, there is no sort order (e.g. sort by last name and then first name).  Instead, the clients seem to be listed in random order.  I can click on the header to sort by last name or first, but if you access a client and then click the back arrow to get the full list, the sort order is messed up and I need to re-sort.  

My questions: 

1. How does PTO determine the default sort order?
  2. Can you set it up so the client list is always sorted by last name and then first name?

Thanks -

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

1. Click on the header to do a sort - First click = A-Z > Second click = Z - A or click on another header to sort by that. 

2. NO

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
DavidCPA
Level 2

I don't believe so and it would be nice to be able to sort in that fashion.  Our firm has almost 1000 clients and we just use the search bar to locate a particular client

0 Cheers
DavidCPA
Level 2

Thanks!  I didn't know that

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

PTO is no longer PTO, but now PCT (ProConnect Tax). For whatever reason they dropped the ONLINE. 

It is a much less vibrant version of Lacerte. If you want to sort things and edit things, you should consider Lacerte. I would expect with Lacerte you would also save time doing input. Ask for a free trial

The footnote is hard to find, but it reads "The Lacerte evaluation includes Lacerte tax software for tax year 2019. The evaluation software will not e-File or print. Otherwise, it is fully functional. One copy per practice. New customers only."

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JMGCville
Level 2

Re: #1 - Yes, I know you can click on the header to sort.  However as soon as you exit a client, the sort is whacked out again. My question is actually how does PTO determine the default sort order?  What's up with the randomness of the sort and why can't you set the default sort order?

0 Cheers
JMGCville
Level 2

Thanks!  

0 Cheers