Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple 1040. Line 15 taxable income of 46,745. I manually calculate tax, it says 6,074. ProConnect is calculating 6,051 a $23 difference. Is this a problem?

lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3
This is not a rounding issue, from what I can see.  This is my first time using ProConnect and about to file first return.  I like to verify all the numbers to be exact.  Not sure why a discrepancy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does your "simple" 1040 include capital gains or qualified dividends?  If so, did you factor that into your manual calculations?

If that does not apply, you need to give more details about what type(s) of income is on the tax return, as well as how you did your manual calculations.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does your "simple" 1040 include capital gains or qualified dividends?  If so, did you factor that into your manual calculations?

If that does not apply, you need to give more details about what type(s) of income is on the tax return, as well as how you did your manual calculations.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Did you check the Tax Table?

Any qualified dividends or LTCG?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

Exactly the issue, stupid me.  I just figured it out and was able to manually calculate it exactly.  First timer using this software, and I'm super **bleep** about the numbers (can't help it).  I'm sure you can relate.

Thanks for the guidance and quick response!  Onward

itonewbie
Level 15

Always review the tax calculation worksheet that ProConnect Tax produces.  That will tell you exactly how the tax on the return is computed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

yes, i did that, line by line upon printing out the whole return.  new to this software so it's a learning curve and always being diligent with the numbers as we all know.

thank-you!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @lrmcorp-mac-com.  Feel free to come back if you have other questions.  Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers