Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report rental property Installment sales on form 6252

skyworks
Level 5

I have entered disposition on the asset quick entry ( it is seller financed, installment sales),

on the same asset quick entry screen, under section for form 6252, I have entered the Property Code (4 -instalmenet) and amount of principal received.

I also entered Sec 1250 unrecapture gain (had manually calculated ), but the unrecapture gain did not show on form 6252 line25.  Is it right?

Anyone knows how to handle this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@skyworks wrote:

I also entered Sec 1250 unrecapture gain (had manually calculated ), but the unrecapture gain did not show on form 6252 line25.  Is it right?

Yes, that is right.  Line 25 is for recapture of depreciation, not Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain (look at Line 19 of Schedule D to make sure that the Unrecaptured is flowing correctly).

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@skyworks wrote:

Yes, that is right.  Line 25 is for recapture of depreciation, not Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain (look at Line 19 of Schedule D to make sure that the Unrecaptured is flowing correctly).

skyworks
Level 5

Thanks, just saw your response

0 Cheers