Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Intuit Link from my Accountant. Logged in to my Mint account. Site tells me to get an invite from Accountant

myuen
Level 2

Hi,

I'm a client of our accountant who sent me an Intuit Link email. When I click on it, it asks me to either sign up for an Intuit account or to log in. I already have an account that was signed up with Mint.com, and so I provide that credential.

Once logged in, the page still tells me:

Hello there!
You've found Intuit Link.

As a taxpayer, you’ll be able to easily gather and share your tax documents with your accountant. But first, you’ll need to ask your accountant to invite you.

If you’ve already been invited by your accountant, then sign out and sign in with the email address your accountant used to invite you.

It also shows the username I'm logged in with.

I have signed out and signed back in to not available. The email address I sign in with is what was sent to by the Intuit Link invite.

I do see at the upper-right corner that Tax Years for more than 5 years are shown. I'm unable to proceed, and I wanted to reach out to here first before I ask my accountant to look into this issue.

Anybody know what's going on? Thank you for any guidance you can provide.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

30 Comments 30
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would probably start by asking your accountant about it.

Slava Ukraini!
myuen
Level 2

Indeed I have... just doing my due diligence in case they don't have the answer 🙂

myuen
Level 2

Welp, no help from both the accounting firm and Intuit -- I found no way to contact support via Chat (link takes you to an endless loop). I haven't called Intuit yet.

Martine
Level 2

Hi there,

Were you able to resolve the issue below? My client has the same problem.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

This is a user supported site, so the responses you get are from other tax preparers - Not from Intuit.

Maybe @IntuitGabi can round up someone from Intuit to give some guidance.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Kelly-Ann
Level 2

We have the same problem here for a 2 weeks. There is no way to get into our account. Clients are very frustrated and so are we.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could get someone to respond to this apparently widespread issue. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IntuitGabi

We'll look into this. Thanks @George4Tacks

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
myuen
Level 2

FYI, I have not contacted Intuit still and so have no resolution.

myuen
Level 2

No resolution yet as I have not contacted Intuit for assistance.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

I still have some asking around to do but a couple of things you can try is:
-clear cache and cookies
-sign in using an incognito browser  
-If routed to the create account page, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Already have an account? Sign In" link.

Let me know if any of these work & I'll let you know if I get more information. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I have not contacted Intuit for assistance."

You already have an Intuit person replying in this topic, though. Admin Intuit Gabi.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
myuen
Level 2

Hi Gabi,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried different browsers, different computers, signed out, Incognito -- they all take me to the "You've found Intuit Link" welcome message. At the top-right, it shows me all the tax years I have been with the accountant. It never takes me to the Create Account page -- but when I do manually go there and click on Sign In, it takes me to the same "You've found Intuit Link" message.

To Do, Documents, and Profile links at top take me to that message. Changing Tax year does nothing beside updating that dropdown box to the select year (not even a page refresh occurs).

Worth noting is that I am signed in with my Mint account. Perhaps there's an Intuit integration issue with Mint when Intuit Link was created.

0 Cheers
Martine
Level 2

Hi Gabi,

Yes the client has cleared out his cache & cookies, signed in on 4 different browsers.

Used the already have an account and still gets the same page asking him to ask his preparer to send him and Intuit invite.

Please keep me updated on this as the client is frustrated 😞

Kelly-Ann
Level 2

Hi Gabi,

He've already try all of this and so did our clients. Still doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem for the last 3 years - I've given up with trying to get Intuit to help.  My accountant is not technical, so is no help either.  

You end up going around in circles - 

1. You get an email from the accountant

2. You click the link and log in or create a new account

3. It welcomes you, and tells you to get an invite from your accountant

4. Click the link and send the email to your accountant

5. Go to step 1

At least this year it looks like someone from Intuit is paying attention to the message board, which is new.

IntuitGabi

Please confirm that the email you use to send to your client is the same email they use to sign in. 

It's likely they're signing in with a different email address from the one you used for them. They must sign in with the email address associated with the Link. Once they're logged in, they either need to change their Intuit Account email address to match the one you have or you'll have to un-invite the email you have for them and re-invite them with the email address they're using for their Intuit account. 

0 Cheers
Kelly-Ann
Level 2

Hi Gabi, I did it with my own personal acount and the email is right. It's the same for all of our clients. It is really an Intuit problem with you server or your website. Please see to it before tax season starts in less than a month.

Martine
Level 2

The email is correct - they sign in with the correct email and there is no proforma'd info from the prior year. It looks like an E Organizer for a brand  new client and does not show anything in the prior year.

myuen
Level 2

I can also confirm that the email address is correct. Here's the scenario for me:

They initially sent an invite to another email address. Instead of signing up for another Intuit account, I asked them to resend to my existing account I had set up for Mint. They did.

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

To clarify, I am the end user.  I get the email from my accountant (to me Intuit address), then log in with the same email address.

Its going to need someone from Intuit tech support to look at whats going on in the back end systems as users have little else they can do.

yman
Level 1

I am having this exact same problem.  Accountant emailed me, I click on the link, get the code, log in and it gives me the "you’ll need to ask your accountant to invite you" screen, even though the email that I got the original email from, as well as the "you are logged in as" email is identical, and I can see my own personal information in there.  This is a technical problem for Intuit, I tried deleting cookies, closing browsers, using different browsers, rebooting machine.  Tried calling Intuit and got blocked in every way at 800-446-8848 which may be the incorrect number for this type of issue, but got nowhere and it hung up on me when I pressed 0. 

@IntuitGabiU has there been any progress on this? My accountant is not super technical and I don't think he will be able to help, but I am going to try with him. 

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone at Intuit looking into this?  It's been 3 years now and feels like a waste of time to try and give feedback to help you resolve it. @IntuitJim @IntuitEric @IntuitAngee @IntuitGabi  - I will spend time with your tech support team if it will help.

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - I got a private message from @IntuitGabi offering assistance.  Found another  issue with Intuit support is that it only allowed me to reply once then said I've sent too many messages try again later.  wtaf?

@IntuitGabi this is C___.  I had my accountant univite/reinvite and got the exact same message.  I deleted all my Intuit accounts, and still the same.  You have my personal email so I am willing to jump on a zoom with you guys to help resolve this once and for all for me and others going through this issue.

My threads are now showing as anonymous, but were listed under Muttley before I deleted my account if that helps.

Important Tax Information

Dear xxxx,

At yyy, we know gathering tax info can be a pain. To make things easier, we're using Intuit Link to build a custom checklist for you.

- We'll guide you through some questions, the documents needed, and let you know when you're done.
- It's much more secure than sending by email so your personal information is safe!
- Link can get digital documents from many banks faster and easier than by mail, or you can upload files from your computer.
- Use your phone to snap photos of your documents much faster than using a scanner.

Please sign up and get started.

Regards,

lk02092018
Level 2

Have you received any response yet?  I have a client who I have veriried the email address that he is using is the exact initial email that he provided.  There has been NO NEW email or changes there.  When he logs in, it actually states "Nothing to do here, you have NO new requests".  We resent him the invite again.  He tried again.

It actually states below it "Once you receive a request from your tax preparer, you can easily upload and share your documents with them"

The client has been using a firm historicaly that does not use Intuit, so they shouldn't have any historical data out there or previous invites to Intuit from what I can tell.  They have used a provider who they drop their data off and the provider has secure portals and uses a different products.  I have gone in and verified that the requested invite is indead for 2021 Tax year, which it is.  I have gone into the clients account that I setup and reviewed shared documents to verify there is NO data that is in the shared document folder. Nothing.  

I do see when the client send me a screenshot of their error that it does state "sign out" in the top right hand corner along with the icon that is typically the icon for a person and to go to the account settings, etc.  I have asked the user to attempt to go click on that and see if it will provide any historical information as to the account or if there is a drop down box or shows other years that may possibly be on the account.  The client has logged out and attempted this multiple times. In the interim, we are having to have the client send us documents in a secure format other than Intuit Link so we can proceed.

I have been using the product since early 2018 and there seems to always be these issues with more than one client.  This is not the first time I have seen this error message.  

What resources is Intuit placing on the client side aspect of this to support these clients who need to login to their Intuit Link Account? When I have tried and or been on the customer client side of Intuit Link, it does not appear there enough options either for the client to click to receive help or to navigate them to a resolution.  Which then becomes a bounce back and forth to my team.  We DO NOT have time to resolve Intuit's Link issue.  It's frustrating to say the least and we need Intuit to step up.  

I know this is a user site and I am typically the one who is providing feedback to potentially help other users.  I am beyond frustrated with the amount of time that my team deals with these issues.  I have a large volume of clients and considering other solutions for next year, because when I can't help my client, I feel as though it's a reflection of my firm and the products we offer being inferior if resolution is not swift and resolved within a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps I have been using advanced technology for to long and my tolerance level is alot less than others, but technology is there, so it shouldn't be difficult to get this cleaned up on the Intuit Link side.

0 Cheers
myuen
Level 2

Nothing on my end. I did receive a reply from one of the moderators a while ago (1-2 months?) to change my password, but I told her that password has nothing to do with this. Haven't received a response since.

myuen
Level 2

An update from my side. I brought this issue up to our CPA and he is aware of the problem affecting many of his clients with no solution available.

We both agreed that a large company like Intuit not being able to fix this for so long is utterly surprising.

Essentially, by the client not being able to use Intuit Link, the accountant has to type in all the information -- which results in more administrative revenue for the firm (and Intuit's core customer.) Both the CPA and Intuit benefit at the expense of the client.

lk02092018
Level 2

Your are so correct.  I just do not know if I plan to use this platform again next year.  This is my fourth year and although they have made improvements on the TaxPreparer side, I have clients who are very frustrated and they absolutely do not want to get the screens they get without being able to get help.  Then we have the competition that Intuit has put in place to use the same software and services that we have, etc.  I just don't understand why the ProConnect software can't get all the nice upgrades and features that QuickBooks does.  I guess they don't have the programmers that are out of the box thinkers or maybe I should say they don't have a Tax Preparer that is an out of the box thinker working with a programmer advising them of all the task oriented tips/tools and things that would allow for effeiciency, accuracy in preparing taxes all while allowing us to utilize our best talents which is to apply the tax laws.  We don't want to be data entry processors and drag and drop, computer support help desk people for our clients. Just beyond frustrated this year.

0 Cheers
hvklosky
Level 1

I would assume no one knows of a fix for this issue yet? Having the same issue with a client where they can't get to their requests- the same as the above issues- log out and log back in with no change and email address matches the invite.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

I sent an email to you @hvklosky 
Closing this thread for further replies, if you're continuing to have this problem, please copy and paste this link into your new thread as a reference. Thanks! 

0 Cheers