Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is causing this error "E-file Transmission Failure Required extended attribute 'eroPhone' is missing. Please verify that your application program is up-to-date.

TLWallace61
Level 1
On Federal and States
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

I feel like Ive seen people get weird errors with phone numbers, not sure if that message is the same one (google didnt come up with any hits for your error message).   Ohhh this is for proConnect, Im not familair with it at all, sorry.   @itonewbie  or @IntuitAustin  does this one ring any bells for you?

Try going to Settings --> Firm Information and verify that your phone number is entered correctly, if that doesn't work, try going to Settings --> Preparer Info and verify that your phone number is entered correctly. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

" What is causing this error "E-file Transmission Failure Required extended attribute 'eroPhone' is missing. Please verify that your application program is up-to-date.  On Federal and States"

IRS is closed for individual tax return Efiling.... so if this is for 1040s and states, you're out of luck until the end of January if you want to Efile.....  or is this for a business entity return?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TLWallace61
Level 1

it is a business return

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like Ive seen people get weird errors with phone numbers, not sure if that message is the same one (google didnt come up with any hits for your error message).   Ohhh this is for proConnect, Im not familair with it at all, sorry.   @itonewbie  or @IntuitAustin  does this one ring any bells for you?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

Try going to Settings --> Firm Information and verify that your phone number is entered correctly, if that doesn't work, try going to Settings --> Preparer Info and verify that your phone number is entered correctly. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Tyrone
Level 1

This solution worked for me.  I entered my phone number in the firm information. Thanks

0 Cheers
Tyrone
Level 1

The solution that worked for me was to update phone number.

0 Cheers
HKPC
Level 2

We are using Proconnect, and getting the exact same error message when trying to e-file, "eroPhone is missing... please verify that your application is up-to-date." We are a foreign firm with IRS verified EFIN, and using our Canadian number (with the same 10-digit format as the U.S.) for both the firm and preparer phone number. We tried changing the number and then resaving with the correct one, but the error still occurs. 

Has anyone experience this same issue and figured out a workaround?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
VB2
Level 1

Had the same issue. For some reason, the phone number was not showing up under preparer information on the tax return, so no go for e-filing. Went to Settings > Firm Information > Select the edit pencil on the left of the screen by the Firm Information section and enter your phone number, then save. Once completed, phone number showed up on the returns as intended.

0 Cheers
HKPC
Level 2

Thanks for the note.

Our issue is a bit different. We have the number listed under the Firm Information (and Preparer) and the number appears on the tax returns, but we still get the "eroPhone is missing" error when attempting to e-file. 

0 Cheers

Thank you so much for the help! Very useful!

0 Cheers
johnpaulesimon
Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well. 

0 Cheers
Hersey CPA
Level 1

For some reason, ProConnect dropped my firm's phone number. After I (re)entered the phone number (at Firm Information), I changed (on the tax return) the preparer to "Select Preparer", then I ran Check Return (just to force the program to save data). After that, I re-selected myself as Preparer again. Afterwards, I ran diagnostics again (out of habit), e-filed the return, and it went through!

0 Cheers