Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 2019-38 attachments

woodyled57
Level 2
Is anyone else having a problem with critical errors related to a 2019-38 safe harbor statement? I've attached the pdf and still have a critical error.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
woodyled57
Level 2

UPDATE - Jensen Sharon helped me out. The correct form attachment code is under "67-Other", with "67 = QBI Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" being the specific code.

Thx to all.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is no pdf attachment needed. Go to the rental input and scroll down to the Qualified Business Income Deduction area > Enter the rental number ins the box for "Rental real estate enterprise number if claiming a safe harbor". That will create the election statement, which does not need to be signed.

Here is the help from Lacerte, so ignore the references to screen number and code number

Rental Real Estate Enterprise Number, if Claiming Safe Harbor

Qualified Business Income DeductionScreen 18; Code 453

Enter the rental real estate enterprise number to claim the safe harbor treatment under Rev. Proc. 2019-38. To be eligible, separate books and records must be maintained for each property, 250 or more hours of rental services must be performed, and the property may not be rented under a triple net lease agreement.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
woodyled57
Level 2

UPDATE: I thought maybe I was just missing something so I checked the instructions (again) for attaching a PDF:

6 helpful votes
How to attach a PDF to Form 1040 for E-file
Follow these steps to attach a PDF to your return:
  1. Go to the Input Return tab.
  2. On the left-side menu, select General.
  3. Click on e-file PDF/Miscellaneous.
  4. Select the Attach PDF button. <--IT'S NOT THERE!
0 Cheers
woodyled57
Level 2

Oops - I guess I didn't post my first reply - thanks to George4Tacks, but I'm getting the same errors.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Can you post a screen shot of the error message? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
woodyled57
Level 2

Thanks again - here is the first error:

2019-38 error.jpg

And here's #2 (after you click on "View on Input Screen":

2019-38 error 2.JPG

0 Cheers
woodyled57
Level 2

UPDATE - Jensen Sharon helped me out. The correct form attachment code is under "67-Other", with "67 = QBI Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" being the specific code.

Thx to all.

itonewbie
Level 15

Glad to be of help, @woodyled57!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers