Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing federal forms

Lyn
Level 2

Error message: Form 1040: no forms to print

No problem printing state forms.

Federal forms will not print in any year of proseries.

This wasn't a problem a week ago.

Other computers on the network can pr

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

@Lyn Based on your response, you are not really using ProConnect then.  ProConnect stands for ProConnect Tax Online (PTO), which is Intuit's cloud-based tax product driven by Lacerte.  There'd be no desktop shortcut for PTO (unless you create one for the URL which opens up your browser).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you need help with ProSeries try posting on ProSeries. You put this on ProConnect which works very different. Welcome to this wonderful, easy to navigate forum.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Lyn
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

It's actually proconnect that I'm on now; I'm not used to all the rebranding.

I've also circled back around and found it's only a problem in 2019, not the other years.

Happy Saturday to me!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Generally difficulties with ProConnect Tax (Online) are related to the browser you are using. Try Chrome. OR you may need to clear your cache.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

PTO doesn't have a print function per se, unlike other traditional tax products.  Instead, a PDF is created and you'd print from the PDF.  Unless the PDF is corrupted, you should be able to print every page in that PDF.

You mentioned you are only able to print state forms.  Did you use the partial print function to create these state forms but can't create either a PDF for the complete return or any federal form?  Or are you able to create the PDF for the complete return but only the state forms will print from within that PDF?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Lyn
Level 2

Thank you. 

I had tried that already but I have solved by going to the shortcut on the desktop, clicking on the target file and hitting apply. I guess the network and the computer had lost each other.

Sometimes I don't know why these random things work\ to fix something (and I don't care).

At least I know what to do if it does that strange thing again.

Have a good week!

0 Cheers
Lyn
Level 2

I have solved by going to the shortcut on the desktop, clicking on the target file and hitting apply. I guess the network and the computer had lost each other.

Sometimes I don't know why these random things work\ to fix something (and I don't care).

Thank you for your reply..

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Lyn Based on your response, you are not really using ProConnect then.  ProConnect stands for ProConnect Tax Online (PTO), which is Intuit's cloud-based tax product driven by Lacerte.  There'd be no desktop shortcut for PTO (unless you create one for the URL which opens up your browser).

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Lyn
Level 2

Yes, you're correct.

It's Proseries even though we sign into Proconnect first.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@itonewbie They changed the branding while you were off partying. It is not just ProConnect Tax (no more online). Even though the web address starts with ITO, ITO is no longer used. PTO is now sort of archaic. I came up with PCT. Trying to help a company that changes names every other day is very distressing, almost worst than dealing with a pandemic. PHEW!

@Lyn ProConnect was the Lead Name for all the products FOR  A WHILE. The powers are be finally decided that was confusing, so how ProConnect is only tied to the online product. In the future select ProSeries as the starting point for your questions. They have made it very confusing for all of us. Just try using their search and you will see! 

Lyn
Level 2

what is this partying of which you speak? LOL!

It's definitely confusing!

In the future I will select Proseries; thank you.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@George4Tacks You're right.  I should be more precise.  It is now just ProConnect Tax.

@Lyn Lol, the partying was me taking no-pay leave from here to travel.  Oops, I've never been paid a penny ever.  Well, guess I'm still on no-pay leave. 🤣

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers