Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overriding Personalized Tax Organizers

mcagan
Level 2

Is there a way to not use the auto-personalized organizers? I want to send the default one I created but can't figure out how to replace the personalized one. TIA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
lindadod0626
Level 3

I am following, as I would like to do the same thing.  

0 Cheers
mcagan
Level 2

Super frustrating, right? Or I wish it would at least let me combine them, because I added in a bunch of questions about stimulus payments, gig work, unemployment, etc. 2020 is soooo different than 2019. I searched regular help, and looked at all the settings options. I'm sure there's a way to check a box somewhere, but I can't find it.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

This discussion should help: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/re-intuit-link-wants-t...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
lindadod0626
Level 3

I figured it out for ProSeries and Link, and I don't know how ProConnect is different, but it might be. 

Once my client has accepted my invitation, I click on my client's name in Overview. Then I click on the Documents tab on the client details page.  I then click the blue Upload to Client button, and it gives me the option to attach a file - I attached my own checklist.  Then I clicked on Notify Client, and I can edit the stock message that is sent with my document.  

I tried this on myself as a client, just to make sure it works, and it seems to.  Let me know if it will work for you.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@lindadod0626  PS works different because Intuit Link is fully integrated with PTO.

What you have described is not the creation or update of a custom template but creation of an item within Intuit Link and editing of the stock message, which can also be customized and standardized.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
lindadod0626
Level 3

Yes, I'm well aware of that, but it is a work-around in ProSeries.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

But you don't need a workaround for PS.  Custom templates in Intuit Link work as designed.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mcagan
Level 2

I have tried this without success. I want to NOT use the personalized, and I can edit it but that adds a considerable amount of work if I have to do that for everyone. I just want to use the organizer I created, but can't figure out how to override the personalized one. PCT is not allowing any other choices but the personalized. What I need is info on how to do that, not on how to modify a template.

0 Cheers
rs1andonly
Level 1

Next to the list that's showing as personalized, select edit.  There should be a dropdown at the top where you can select use template.  Once you hit save, your original template should now used.

0 Cheers