Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon state tax returns are rejecting. It says please review your Oregon 1040 return with your automatically updated PTO software for any tax or form changes. Help?

shaybachelder
Level 1
How do I correct the Oregon rejects I'm receiving?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
klmeyers
Level 1

I am having same error. 

Kim Meyers 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I haven't received any rejects from Oregon but after about 3 pm yesterday (Saturday), all of my new Oregon returns are sitting with Intuit, in addition to about 20 more that I had sent before Feb. 12. In other words, Intuit is not transmitting them to Oregon. Are you seeing the same thing?

0 Cheers
Kassy07
Level 1

I got this same rejection. Not sure what's happening 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Update the program and resubmit. I'm in the process of doing that. So far none of the resubmits have been rejected but they haven't been sent to the state yet either. 

0 Cheers
Radwife
Level 1

I got that same error today. My software did not need updating like it said. I updated on the 12th before I submitted and it still says I’m up to date. I did go ahead and resubmit and my whopping $13 refund switched to owing $92. Hurray 😒

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I re-sent the 25 rejected Oregon returns and now they are again sitting at Intuit. None has been sent to Oregon. Are you having the same experience?

0 Cheers
Bex1234
Level 1

The issue is that Oregon taxes both stimulus checks, the first and second round. Turbo Tax, and maybe others, made a mistake within their software that only taxed the first round and not the second. I don't think it's right for them to tax the second round if you received it after the first of the year, it should be included within your 2021 taxes, but whatever. They messed up and now everyone owes more who filed before they caught the glitch. 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Actually Oregon does have a policy, as explained in their instructions, to treat things like the stimulus using the accrual method. That means that the subtraction has to be reduced in the year the promise becomes law. That year would be 2020. I began screaming at Intuit as soon as I noticed that the software was messing up. (It is still messing up, by the way, but not as badly. It continues to count penalties as part of the federal tax, which it is not supposed to, according to the instructions for Form 40. But that's minor, and the software can still be overridden.) I got lip service and no direct communication from anybody, and that's why this thing is now a mess for many, particularly for those who filed their Turbo Tax returns well before this was fixed. 

majkat
Level 1

Are your clients' returns for Oregon still held up?  I have 2 that have been submitted (2/12/21) but are not yet accepted.  No explanation for the delay.  

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Mine are no longer being held up. 

0 Cheers
Chomp
Level 1

How do we get it fix so we can file?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

As a minimum, exit your browser and try again.

If that fails, clear your cache. For Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Can you be more specific as to what kind of problem you're experiencing? Is this the first Oregon return you've tried to file this year? (This heading was originally for last year.) Have you had any Oregon returns accepted before this one for 2020? I've filed a half dozen Oregon returns and they've been accepted, but I haven't filed for a couple days. I know the federal tax subtraction calculation is wrong because the 3rd stimulus isn't deducted, so maybe they are now rejected all Oregon returns until they fix it, but that's just a guess. Communication is abhorrent.