Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My taxpayer's AGI exceed the max for receiving the rebate credit for 2019 and 2020

paultakenaka
Level 1
ProConnect's input section does not allow me to enter sufficient information to report the Rebate Credit that she is entitled to.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

What exactly would you like to enter?  Recovery Rebate Credit is computed based on 2020 AGI, not that of 2019, which may have been used to determine the amount(s) of EIP's payable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
paultakenaka
Level 1

My understanting is that if your AGI does not exceed $75,000 for 2018, 2019, or 2020, you are entitled to a rebate credit of $1,200 (paid last year) and $600 (paid this year).  I'm saying that my taxpayer is entitled to a rebate credit of $1,800 because her 2018 AGI did not exceed $75,000. I know that many taxpayers did not receive the rebate credit if their AGI exceeded the max in any of the years.  Be that as it may, they are entitled to receive the credit if their AGI qualifies in any one of the 3 years.  As far as I can see, ProConnect's input fields do not permit entering this information.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No, that is not correct.  The credit/rebate is based on 2020 AGI only.

The advanced payments (stimulus checks, or EIP) could have been based on their 2018 or 2019 AGI, but that was just an estimated payment for the 2020 credit, which is only based on the 2020 AGI.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Where in the world did you see that any one of three years qualifies you for a credit?  If it was at a barbershop, that barber needs to have his license revoked.

Slava Ukraini!
paultakenaka
Level 1

Wow!  Man, are you licensed?  How on earth were you able to get a license?

0 Cheers
paultakenaka
Level 1

No.  That is not correct.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Well if we want to talk licensing, the better question would be, how did you get one?  I at least can understand the basics on how the credit works.  

Slava Ukraini!