Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client's Alabama state return is being rejected saying that I'm e-filing an outdated version of the tax form. How do I update ProConnect?

mikesha-parks
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you sure you're using ProConnect Tax?  It runs in the cloud and you always access the latest version of the software.  Your question tells me you may be using either ProSeries or Lacerte, which are desktop products that require updates to be run for new releases.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mikesha-parks
Level 1

Yes, I am using ProConnect Tax online. My client's state returns have been rejected b/c it is saying that the form is outdated. I'm not sure what to do.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Does it say which form?  According to Intuit's webpage for form status and availability, the AL forms are all current.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mikesha-parks
Level 1

It saying the AL40 is still outdated. I've check the Alabama's Department of Revenue and the new form does look different than what is in the ProConnect software.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  Hi, Betty, the OP's AL return was rejected because AL40 is outdated even though https://lfs.intuit.com/#/s/AL/I shows the form in the current release is final.  As you can see, the OP also checked the AL's own website and found the form to be different.  Could you please have your team take a second look and give us an update?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @itonewbie

Just seeing this one, I'll have the team take a look and update you with what I find. 

-Betty Jo