Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client cannot log in to Link with new phone number

HFINANCIAL
Level 3

I have a few clients that changed phone numbers.  I uninvited them, update the phone number in Proseries, invite again and I see the updated phone number. However Link is sending verification code to their old phone number.  Last year this was not an issue. How do I help them to get their verification code?  They can get the 1st one to the email, but a 2nd old is then sent to the old phone.  I have 3 clients that had this issue yesterday and I do not know how to help them.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

That's not correct.  The Intuit accounts your clients use to log into Intuit Link belong to and can only be managed by your clients.  There is nothing, whatsoever, you can do to setup, manage, or delete their personal accounts.  What PS allows you to do is to "connect" your Intuit Link account to your clients' through this invitation process so that you can use Intuit Link as a common portal between you and your clients for a particular tax year.  This is how Intuit's ecosystem works.

The phone number you update in PS is only your internal record and does not change anything in your client's Intuit account.

Your client should have an option when logging into Intuit Link to indicate that he has no access to his phone so that an email will be sent to the email address associated with that account.

To update any personal particulars, including option for 2FA, your client must log into One Intuit Account (OIA) at https://accounts.intuit.com to make those changes himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
HFINANCIAL
Level 3

Hello,

Good to know after using for so many years. I guess I have been very lucky the past 5 years. Lol   So when he used the email method, he can get a code via email, but it them sends a 2nd code to his old phone number. So he cannot get in to update his number. I will give his the link you provided below to log into one intuit account and try it that way.  It would be great if we could help reset this for clients or offer some type of help. 

Is there a direct support number for clients to call? Your reply has been extremely helpful, although starting out a bit rough. 🙂 Thanks. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @HFINANCIAL.  I don't think there's a dedicated number for clients who use Intuit Link.  One major issue with Intuit Link is that Intuit expects accountants to act as support for their own clients.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers