Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Questionnaire and document requests

Fenway-cpa
Level 3

Is it possible to change the order of the questions and document requests in an existing template?  Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

@Fenway-cpa  You can't rearrange the order because you clicked on Preview instead of Edit.  Once you press Edit, you will see a screen like the one below.  To rearrange the order, click and hold down the icon in red circle, then drag the line item to wherever you want, up or down the list.  It works the same way for both Questions and Document Checklist.

PTO-Intuit Link-Template Edit.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes.  Save a copy of the sample with a new name.  You can rearrange the order, add, delete, or edit any item as you see fit.  Just make sure you save your changes before exiting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
FPCwealth
Level 2

this works, but it will not populate prior year info, true?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Prior year info is never populated in Intuit Link's Questionnaire and Documents Checklist.  These are not a replacement of a proforma organizer, just questions and document requests that are generated based on what's in each client's prior year return.

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

You can only choose to use either individualized Questionnaire/Documents Checklists or a custom template.  If you choose your own custom template, it can't be individualized (i.e. pared down) based on your client's prior year return.

Still an AllStar
FPCwealth
Level 2

Correct, but when I use a template I created, it will not pull prior document information. I have to manually delete all of the default questions and keep the prior year's document list. Very annoying.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Personally, I don't like the setup and I don't use it because my clients typically have more complex situations and will require the use of a proper organizer to collate the data.  Sending them a laundry list of documents to upload along with open questions will just add more work to everyone in the end.

Still an AllStar
Fenway-cpa
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  I did save a copy of the QuickStart template, however the order of the questions still cannot be rearranged.  I want to have my questions organized so that questions regarding income are in the beginning then questions regarding deductions etc.  There are so many questions to ask, of course, but no way to organize them in the list.  I hope I am being clear.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Fenway-cpa  You can't rearrange the order because you clicked on Preview instead of Edit.  Once you press Edit, you will see a screen like the one below.  To rearrange the order, click and hold down the icon in red circle, then drag the line item to wherever you want, up or down the list.  It works the same way for both Questions and Document Checklist.

PTO-Intuit Link-Template Edit.png

Still an AllStar
Fenway-cpa
Level 3

Got it now.  Thank you so much for your help!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Fenway-cpa!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
MidwestMike
Level 1

Can you tell me where you are able to choose between the individualized Questionaire and a custom template. Try as I might, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

0 Cheers