Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1s With Non-Resident Share Of Income & Ded

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

I have a client that is a partner in a partnership which issued a K-1 (simple enough).  However, there are also 16 states that have forms for partners share of income for each state.  I am having a hard time getting the states information added correctly.  His home state is PA.  The first state that I have information for is AL.  I have tried unsuccessfully to enter the information and get it to flow to the PA return.  If I am not mistaken, it should flow to the PA-40-GL.

Here are the steps that I have taken:

• Added the AL state return.
  • On the K-1 input screen, I added the AL guaranteed payment amount and the distribution payment amount that he had for AL (from form 65).
  • Added the composite payment made on the partner's behalf in the Other State Tax Credit for AL.

Would anyone be able to give me some guidance for this?  I know that it is probably something easy because it is my first time doing this, but I would really appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks as always,

Jeff

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Federal K-1 is total income and deductions. State amounts may differ because of different state rules and adjustments.

Since your client is a PA resident, all you need to enter for AL is the income taxed on the composite AL return and the tax paid on the composite return so client can get a PA credit for tax paid to AL.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Federal K-1 is total income and deductions. State amounts may differ because of different state rules and adjustments.

Since your client is a PA resident, all you need to enter for AL is the income taxed on the composite AL return and the tax paid on the composite return so client can get a PA credit for tax paid to AL.

Ex-AllStar
Anonymous
Not applicable

That did it!  I was trying to make it more complicated than it needed to.

Thank you so much for your help.

Jeff

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers