Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to avoid the critical diagnostic "Federal Form 8990 is included in draft form" in ProConnect?

Kevin425
Level 2
The CARES Act increased the section 163(j) 30% ATI limitation to 50%, but form 8990 from irs.gov is still revision 12-2019 with 30% and I don't see any indication that IRS will update this form.  Revenue Procedure 2020-22 allows taxpayers to elect to use 30% by filing a tax return with the 30% ATI limitation, so form 8990 rev. 12-2019 can be used as a final form for taxpayers making this election.  However, PTO issues a critical diagnostic indicating form 8990 is in draft form.  I'd like to e-file a return with the 30% ATI limitation using form 8990 that PTO considers "draft" as a final form to make this election.  Is there a way to avoid the critical diagnostic?  It looks like I can e-file with the diagnostic, but the "draft" form is valid in this circumstance and I'd like to eliminate the critical diagnostic and not just ignore it if possible.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

I just found this... maybe it's a work-around ?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/business-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-899...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Frustrated55
Level 1

I did not see your solution.

0 Cheers
Kevin425
Level 2

Thank you for the link!

I see some good information about form 8990, but I don't see a way around the critical diagnostic in the link.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Did you see the announcement yesterday, that *today's* update is supposed remove F 8990 from draft status?

I'm downloading an update, right now.  We'll see it it fixed the F 8990 problem.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Kevin425
Level 2

Thank you for the info about the update!

I'm still getting the critical diagnostic in ProConnect today, but I'll try again tomorrow.  I see the Lacerte announcement for the final form to be released today, and hopefully PTO will be updated also.

abctax55
Level 15

Sorry, I missed that you use PTO.  I use Lacerte.  Evidently, it *is* fixed - I have to reboot to install the update & I'm in the middle of something.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers