Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason form 8879 is not available? I don't see it listed in Forms either.

glennrhonda97
Level 1
I get a critical diagnostic message stating "form 8879 is not available for this program"
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, because it isn't ready yet.

ProConnect Form Status (intuit.com)

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since we've got another 23 days before we can Efile, they dont seem to be in much of a hurry to get the 8879 ready

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
puravidapto
Level 7

What is the difference between:

"Final form without watermark is expected to be released on January 26, 2021" (Sch C) and
"
The form is not final and is watermarked" (Form 8879, Form 8995)?

"The form is not ready" is not the only reason that the form is not included. Both Sch C and form 8995 (same status as form 8879) are included, but form 8879 is not, I believe the other reason is form 8879 does not affect computation.

If draft version of the form 8879 is included (it is not included right now) then we can have it paper signed and finish the transaction. So there is value for the form to be included even though it is not finalized and cannot be e-filed.

I understand you do not control this, but just want to get an opinion and what we can and cannot do, and hope intuit sees this. Thanks.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ProSeries lets us print it with a big watermark across it that says FORM NOT FINAL

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Taxorama
Level 2

I use Lacerte and it is "not final" yet.  How is it that H & R Block is completing returns and getting signatures on this form and we can't???

0 Cheers
Taxorama
Level 2

Thank you!

0 Cheers