Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the e-file service currently down? If so when will they reopen? I need to file a few of my client's tax returns for 2019. Any help would be apprecited.

YukonWes
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS is shutdown until they open for the new filing season.  Nobody has an exact date when that will be.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS is shutdown until they open for the new filing season.  Nobody has an exact date when that will be.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here's is what the IRS site shows:

Filing Season Start Dates:

Business tax returns: January 8, 2021

Individual tax returns: TBD

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Everything gets updated over time. The link at the top of the page goes here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/2019-e-file-start-and-stop-dates-for-federal...

Here:

This article will help you determine whether or not you can e-file current federal tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other businesses.

When will e-filing for 2019 and 2018 returns reopen?

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 business returns will resume on January 8, 2021.

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 individual returns will resume on February 12, 2021.

When can I e-file 2020 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
BusinessJanuary 8, 2021January 19, 2021
Individual (1040)February 12, 2021Intuit will begin holding returns on January 28, 2021
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers