Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idaho form 43 - line 11 and line 16 should be pulling from schedule 1, line 3 and 5 respectively. It does not appear to be doing so. Is there a bug in the form?

lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

Excellent, that did it.  Is it the same for dividend/interest income?  I will read the Multi-State article you referenced.  Thank-you for all your help, very much appreciated!!!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

Welcome to the community of other users. ProConnect would like you make you think that this is support. It sort of is, but only other users willing to share their experience.

When you post, give as much information as you can. In this case WHAT YEAR? WHAT MODULE (We do not know all forms, but we can find them), WHERE SHOULD WHATEVER THIS IS BE PULLING FROM, I.E. WHAT TYPE OF INPUT.

Please add to the comment as much info as you can to tempt one of us to help find a problem. If it is 2020, understand the program is not totally functional yet. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

Thank you for being so responsive, helpful.

Year: 2020 form is draft

Module:  Not sure, says 43: 2020 Idaho Part Year/Nonresident Income tax return at the top of the form.  When I click on the pre-filled field on form 43 line 11 & 16 it takes me back to business income schedule C.

On the Idaho website it says, the numbers should be pulled from schedule 1 as described in original request.  And that it should be prorated for the 5 months that taxpayer has lived in the state (recently moved to in August).

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You need to "source" those items. Toward the bottom of Screen 16, Schedule C input,  find Percentage of Source income .. then enter a decimal and select ID in the drop down. The same holds for Screen 18Schedule E

Press F1 at those input fields and you  will get:

This input field applies to state part-year and nonresident returns only. Enter, in .xxxx format, the percentage of income that represents source income taxable to the nonresident/part-year state (e.g., enter 10% as .10). The program multiplies each item from this schedule by the percentage entered to determine the source income taxable to the state. If the entire amount of income is source income, leave this field blank.

Note: The 2020 program uses State Identifiers to source income. An entry in "Percent of Source Income" (Screen 18, code 504) overrides the allocation of income or loss. For more information about State Identifiers and source income, refer to "Multi-State Clients" in the 2020 Operator's Help System.

EDIT The references are  from Lacerte, so I have done some corrections.

0 Cheers
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

Excellent, that did it.  Is it the same for dividend/interest income?  I will read the Multi-State article you referenced.  Thank-you for all your help, very much appreciated!!!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

This article? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/multi-state-taxes/help/input-multi-state-amounts-in-proconne...

Most entries are more like what is shown in it for wages. Only a few use the solution I gave here - Schedules C, E and F are the only ones I can think of right now. They can be done in a much more tedious manner by allocating each entry line of the form, but the percent gets the job done quicker. 

0 Cheers
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

one last question (for today anyway), where do i find 2020 Operator's Help System?

For more information about State Identifiers and source income, refer to "Multi-State Clients" in the 2020 Operator's Help System.

0 Cheers
lrmcorp-mac-com
Level 3

thanks.  if i have to allocate schedule B & D's for multi states manually, it is going to be a long tax season!

0 Cheers