Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to file a second amendment to a single tax return, which the original and the first amendment were both filed electronically. Is there a way to do so?

TaxesTech
Level 4
I meant to say, is there a way to file the second amendment electronically?  The previous two filings were accepted by the IRS already.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes. I think I saw you can do up to 2 amended returns electronically.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxesTech
Level 4

That is good to know, thank you.  I found this helpful Q&A post and tried to follow the instruction, make a copy of the return and update the original return for which the credit was paid for, to file the 2nd Form 1120X.  

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/re-can-i-efile-a-2nd-f...

But I could not make the "E-File Amendment" option clickable.  It looks like I have to work on the copy and pay for another credit to file an amended return?  Will the system allow me to use the copy to file an amended return without filing the original return first?  This is my last chance to e-File so just want to make things right before acting... Much appreciated!

0 Cheers