Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to consolidate Intuit QBO and ITO realms created at different times, using the same login.

sean4
Level 1
Example: QBO login has Company A, while same login to ITO has Company B. I need to combine Company A and B so data from QBO will transfer to ITO.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

Contact Support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Company A should send the accountant an invitation and then I'm pretty sure that makes the access available through the QBO Accountant portal and to link to ITO.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@qbteachmtWouldn't that use up one quota for accountant under that client's account?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Wouldn't that use up one quota for accountant under that client's account?"

Sure, but isn't that the point? There is a difference between Accountant invites and Users.

They seem to want to prepare taxes for multiple companies.

Unless this person is describing that one business entity ("company") is split into 2 QuickBooks profiles, which would be an error.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I might not have read the OP's question correctly but it sounded to me the OP is trying to consolidate two separate QBO accounts.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"but it sounded to me the OP is trying to consolidate two separate QBO accounts."

Well, one business cannot be managed by tracking the bookkeeping in two different places. Or, I suppose you can, but isn't that referred to as "keeping a second set of books" when "cooking?"

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No, this is a case of THE Accountant having two separate Intuit accounts (Realms); Client A was set up under Intuit account 1 and Client B under Intuit account 2.  THE Accountant would now like to consolidate both clients under one single Intuit account (Realm).

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Okay, I guess I don't know what this is: "THE Accountant would now like to consolidate both clients under one single Intuit account (Realm)."

They already stated they have the one log in.

I have one Intuit ID. I log into QBO to any one company data file (including my own, a test file); I log into QBOA to see a multiple client listings (multiple test/sample files, really), which also is where I can add QBO accounts to that listing (I could add real QBO customers, for example). From there I log into, or select to switch to, the PTO interface, which shows those QBO accounts I have "linked over" (I don't know how else to state it) and now I also see the far right would allow me to create tax returns for any of them.

Now, for my Intuit ID products, that is a bit of a mess when I log into "CAMPS." Top right I still see 3 to select from, and used to see 5 "Company names" because I used to have multiple Intuit IDs (testing used to require us to create new Intuit accounts) and I finally got them merged into this one. I also see my products are scattered across 2 of those 3 accounts at the top. This top right menu allows you to Transfer to Admin another username, though, and I did that when I left one job; transferred them to the new person. For my school, the person adding me as a user no longer existed and there is no provision to remove yourself except if you are the Admin; Intuit had to help me do that part.

0 Cheers