Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to send an 8879-S through Client authorization eSignature for Intuit Proconnect Tax. When I go to set up the esignature, the 8879-S is not there.

freshy70
Level 3
How do I get the 8879-S to show up pre-populated with client info just like it does with the 8879 for e-filing 1040s?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You can find the instructions in this article for the process to follow but should be aware that esignature by your entity return client is not recognized by the Code and IRS.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/using-esignature-with-business-returns/00...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

You can find the instructions in this article for the process to follow but should be aware that esignature by your entity return client is not recognized by the Code and IRS.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/using-esignature-with-business-returns/00...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
freshy70
Level 3

Thank you. I did not realize that IRS doesn't recognize esignature on 8879 for business entities. I guess that makes this a moot point. I'll have the client ink sign it. 

Do you know if there is a way to have the form pre-populated from existing return info or do I have to manually type in the info on the 8879?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can partial print the F.8879-S from the return within PTO and email/fax/mail/hand-deliver it to your client or upload it to Link.

Still an AllStar