Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had a return rejected because of divorce settlement date. I can find nowhere in this tax software to enter this information

jon.jones.az
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Should be in the same place where you entered the alimony.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

PTO is weird, I think I saw @George4Tacks  or @itonewbie  explain how to find the spot for that at one point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jon.jones.az
Level 1

No, input variable is not in the form. Receiving alimony has input screen for disposition date but not on payment of alimony. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Geez this board sucks for searching!  I know Ive seen it asked before and saw an answer...theres some small link  to click somewhere....I will never use PTO, seems like such a hassle for people.

Maybe george or itonewbe will help you out soon!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

There were so many questions on it during a short period of time that I suspected it was part of a take-home final exam for some of the students who had a free subscription.  Maybe they delete the student questions at the end of the semester.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@jon.jones.az  Go back to your input. Go to where you entered the amount paid and hit the enter key. That will advance to a field to the right OR notice the slider bar at bottom of that crappy little window they have for input and put your mouse on the slider bar and make it go to the right and you will see more input fields.

@Just-Lisa-Now- I have never "used" this software, but I love a challenge and PTO is truly a challenge. You really should go into the program (it's free to try) and see how much fun it is to try and get a "simple" return done.

I think @itonewbie is probably tied up with the evolving living conditions. I do wish him luck. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

@George4Tacks "put your mouse on the slider bar and make it go to the right and you will see more input fields."

So that's what I was doing wrong -- I was putting the cursor there, not the mouse itself.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Continue your plan to never use PTO. It is a wise choice. My mouse got it's poor itty bitty tail stuck in the slider. My ears are still ringing.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers