Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot efile because some forms are not ready. This is a very basic return. When will forms be ready?

SteveT
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
abctax55
Level 15

Perhaps if you disclose WHICH forms someone can answer you.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Steve Zoe
Level 1

I am receiving the same message, and there is no indication anywhere in the program which forms are not ready.  Here is the exact message: The return you are about to print includes some forms that have not been approved yet. The forms will not print due to state requirements.

Anthony1s
Level 2

I'm getting the same message on multiple returns as well. There is no indication in the software which forms are not ready. In the past a watermark would be visible in the "Preview Forms" view. Additionally, all forms in the return are marked as finalized in the "Form Status" section. INTUIT PLEASE ADVISE.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"...INTUIT PLEASE ADVISE."

1) this isn't Intuit support; we are just fellow users of the software.

2) CALL support if you want to yell

( Generic Comment )"
Anthony1s
Level 2

Look how many times I can reply.

Anthony1s
Level 2

Per Intuit, this is most likely an issue with instructions not being finalized so give it a few days before filing, if you can.

abctax55
Level 15

Look how many times I can reply.

Do you have a point to make?

( Generic Comment )"
Taxacology
Level 2

So yes I am also getting a similar message as to specific forms which deal with employee deductions , and those forms are not ready however they offer if you look to the corner of the forms or in a separate box a “date “ specific when those forms will be available so you can proceed . As you know efile , won’t be up and running the irs till around January 24th   and a few hiccups may develop so really it’s just a wait see but I’m sure by first of February most kinks will be worked out and all forms uploaded and ready to file ! Good luck with this years filing season ! 

sjrcpa
Level 15

"I’m sure by first of February most kinks will be worked out and all forms uploaded and ready to file !"

You're optimistic. 😀

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

First of February, 2023🙃

Slava Ukraini!
bella1
Level 1

Having the same problem, when will NJ tax forms be available for printing

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can find the projected release date for all forms at https://proconnect.intuit.com/tax-online/forms-finder/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
why4
Level 1

That link does not give projected release dates.  It merely states that they are awaiting instructions to be received.  Not helpful AT ALL

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@why4 Probably *was* helpful two years; or ten months, ago.

Exactly what year are you trying to prepare, and what software?  

Not even the IRS is ready for prime-time for 2022 returns.

( Generic Comment )"