Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am receiving an error message that the routing number is incorrect for a direct deposit but have verified with the bank it is correct. Has anyone else encountered this?

andimwebb
Level 1

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have seen where the IRS database has not been updated with a bank number, but really rare. Check the number again at https://routingnumber.aba.com/default1.aspx You have to scroll down and affirm you are not a robot.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
22 Comments 22
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have seen where the IRS database has not been updated with a bank number, but really rare. Check the number again at https://routingnumber.aba.com/default1.aspx You have to scroll down and affirm you are not a robot.

0 Cheers
andimwebb
Level 1
Thanks it looks like they have 2 Routing #s, the second one worked.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Be careful, sometimes they are in different states.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
In instances like this, I would have the client verify it with the bank directly just in case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1663294-reject-of-2016-return-regarding-bank-acco...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
BOWKLEY 2020
Level 2

Hey, Joshua here. If you're using Chime, I had to use an alternative routing number "031101114" because my regular routing number "031101279" would get rejected every time trying to sign up for direct deposit via DES.NC.GOV.

BOWKLEY 2020
Level 2

I forgot to say that I contacted Chime customer service about it, and that's what they suggested. After I figured it out with 3 days of calling/web browsing lol. 😛

Dogisgood
Level 1

Did you have any problems such as a delay getting a deposit with the alternate number ? Chime support gave me the same “alternate” too, now they are saying that the routing number can’t be used and any deposit sent to it would have been immediately returned. 

0 Cheers
BOWKLEY 2020
Level 2

You are correct. I just found out today that my Chime account rejected the direct deposit from NC.DES, and a DES debit card was issued.

Sorry to anyone this may have effected. I was trying to help out, and turns out what I was told by Chime staff to be false.

0 Cheers
BOWKLEY 2020
Level 2

3712036e-1d37-47e2-a2a3-b6cf86886b3a.jpg

0 Cheers
Mrsclaybrooks
Level 1

Hello Joshua, just wondering if you ever received your benefits with using that alternative routing number? I am going through the same thing now but have yet to receive my deposits. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Mrsclaybrooks 

It isn't clear what you are asking about. "Benefits" isn't this forum. This forum is for professional income tax preparers and Income Tax payments and refunds.

I recommend using a web search to find something more specific to your issue. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Shmerc
Level 1

Huge help! Thank you!!

0 Cheers
Jesshunter
Level 1

Thanks! Chime was not helpful at all but this seemed to work. We will see monday

0 Cheers
Teacher
Level 1

That's the message I got when I used the routing number from a deposit slip. Switch to the routing number found on an actual check. That's what worked for me.

0 Cheers
jdog111
Level 1

Hi - which routing did you use? [removed]. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

NEVER use the routing number from a deposit slip, Chime seems to have it's own help here https://www.chime.com/chime-routing-number/

Chiming in on this OLD thread is not the way to get help. 

Sepvalia
Level 1

Your comment saved me! Trying to set up something with Chime and the routing number ending in 79 was not working. Was kind of freaking out. I signed up for a forum username and everything just to tell you THANK YOU. 

George4Tacks
Level 15
You are very welcome. Click the thumbs up (Cheers) is a thank you and I can see who clicked it.
I hope you find even more help on this forum when you need.

0 Cheers
ritaeddington
Level 1

Yes every time I use my routing number tells me it's invalid and I've had this thing for a year and it just started doing that what does that mean

0 Cheers
ritaeddington
Level 1

I bank with one finance

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@ritaeddington 

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Income Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte Tax Preparation programs, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers