Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Depreciation to flow to Form 8829

KerriD
Level 1

I entered the home data for form 8829, appropriately tying it to the only Schedule C on the return, then entered the depreciation data under Deductions/Depreciation and selected form 8829 in the drop down. The depreciation data is not flowing to form 8829 Part III, Depreciation of your home. I see how to override the info, but I'd prefer the software to calculation depreciation and track accumulated. Nothing shows on these lines and I am sure I have not checked the simplified method, as it appears on schedule C properly, but it does not include any depreciation.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

In Lacerte (PTO's big sister...) you have to tie it to the OIH (code 10 in the drop down menu...).   You don't tie it to the actual Schedule C

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
KerriD
Level 1

I believe I have done that, created the 8829 and tied to C, then created the depreciation entry and tied to 8829 OIH(that's appropriately tied to sched C_. I'm a former lacerte veteran, as well as CCH, they all treat this similarly, but for some reason, it's not workin'! Tech support leaves much to be desired... 😞

0 Cheers