Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 8879 form for efile 2019 amended Federal return

skyworks
Level 5

Hi,

I am amending a 2019 tax return and tring to efile.

How do I print the efile authorixation form 8879 for the amended?

The tax payer is not use esignatures

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @skyworks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

You can print the entire return as usual to PDF for your client to review and that will include the F.8879.  If you need only the F.8879 (assuming you have already provided your client the return for review separately), you can partial print to PDF just the F.8879.

Electronic signature comes in many forms.  If your client doesn't use e-Signature from DocuSign, you can always have your client return the copy signed in wet ink to you by fax, encrypted email, or via Intuit Link.  Otherwise, it can be signed in person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
skyworks
Level 5

thanks,  I am taking wet ink signature for this return. The entire 1040X sent to tax payer via intuit to tax payer.

But it does not include F.8879, only the original filed 8879 included. 

Where can I find F.8879? 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

There's no special F.8879 for 1040X at this time.  It will be the same F.8879 as if the 1040X were an original return.  The numbers should jive and you can make a notation that the F.8879 is for 1040X.

If you do not see the F.8879, it is most likely because you didn't check the SELECT FOR E-FILE box for Federal Amended under Profile.  So long as that box is checked, the authorization form should be produced automatically and you can print it like from your usual returns.

Note, however, that Intuit doesn't support e-filing of 1040X if the original return was not previously e-filed with the program.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
skyworks
Level 5

Thanks again,

Ok no special F.8879 for 1040X!

It was created in ProConnect and the efiled was selected for amended return.

I thought because the efile is not open yet

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @skyworks!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
lvporta
Level 1

where do I find "Profile" regarding Federal Amended?

0 Cheers