Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force print Form 1116

Noriko
Level 2

My client has foreign tax credit carryforward for "Certain income re-source by treaty" category.  No foreign tax / foreign income for current year for this category and so just the amount of carryforward are on form 1116 for this category.  But for some reason, I cannot generate/print form 1116 for this category while form 1116s for other categories are generated to print out with no problem.  Would you advise how to force generate form 1116 for "Certain income re-source by treaty" category in this situation?  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I just dummied up a return to try it out with no real attempt at reality and this is what I got.

FTC1.JPGFTC2.JPGftc3.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

When you check return, does the 1116 for that category show up? Were you able to locate the input for that category of carry over (you may need to click the  x more and vertical dots in the upper right corner).?

0 Cheers
Noriko
Level 2

Thank you.  I checked the "Check Return" screen but 1116 for that category does not show up.  The amounts of carry-forward was input as other categories but 1116 does not show up for this category.  I never experienced this before with Intuit....

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I just dummied up a return to try it out with no real attempt at reality and this is what I got.

FTC1.JPGFTC2.JPGftc3.JPG

0 Cheers
Noriko
Level 2

Thank you for taking time for my question.  Your input was what I did and so I decided to delete the screen for this category once and tried to input again.  Then the 1116 for this category was successfully generated!  Thank you again for your attention to my case!