Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enter passive activity loss.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Depends. For Schedule E, 1040 look across the top of the enter for E and find 2 more: and click that to reveal Passive Losses. There is similar sorta hard to find entry in other screens. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Thanks for this, but I still do not think this is what I was looking for, but it very well could be.

This is the scenario. It is from a study problem. Client A has a limited partnership investment in a commercial rental project in which she has no personal involvement. During 2019, her share of the partnership loss equals $15,000. Client A also has a rental house that she actively manages, and it generated a $21,000 loss for 2019. Client A had NO passive carryover from prior years. If Client A’s modified adj gross income before passive losses is $102,000 calculate the deduction amounts for client A’s tax return using Form 8582

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

You don't want to know how to enter passive activity losses. You want to know how to enter a K-1 and a rental property. Do you know how to enter those things?

Also, this is not a homework help forum.

0 Cheers

I'm trying to learn Proconnect I entered form 8582 into the help box. It didn't yield what I needed.

Sorry won't be a bother again. 

0 Cheers