Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do my students PRINT a Do Not File return without paying for credits?

richard6
Level 3

My students say they are prompted to pay for credits before printing the tax class returns. How can they print without paying anything? Thanks..

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Your students probably signed up for PTO through the commercial site rather than Intuit's education program, which is run and supported separately.

See this webpage for more info.  If you need support, you need to contact Support listed on that webpage for the Education program.

https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/products/proconnect-tax-online/student-signup/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
antoniagoldberg
Level 1

It is fine. they still will be able to get back and make changes. They will only be charged once when they do it for the first time. 

Antonia
0 Cheers
richard6
Level 3

But students should NOT pay for Printing, correct, with the Student version of ProConnect.? Yet they cannot unless they agree to purchase credits!

0 Cheers
richard6
Level 3

Thanks Antonia: But with the ProConnect Student version, they should NOT pay when printing at all. They haven't in year's past...

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Your students probably signed up for PTO through the commercial site rather than Intuit's education program, which is run and supported separately.

See this webpage for more info.  If you need support, you need to contact Support listed on that webpage for the Education program.

https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/products/proconnect-tax-online/student-signup/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
richard6
Level 3

Thanks for the reply. My students did NOT sign up at the commercial site--they used the TaxEducation.Intuit.com signup in their Tax textbook to use the software. They have completed the case-study tax return I assigned them--they just cannot print it without paying! Help...

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@richard6 I'm not so sure every one of your student did.  We see students coming here sporadically to ask the same question.

The fact that you and other students come to this forum, which is open only for tax professionals, is an indication that many are not able to differentiate between the education and commercial products.

Please refer to my response earlier for how you and your student can contact Support.

We are not part of or paid by Intuit in any way as Support but tax professionals volunteering our time to help fellow users of Intuit's professional tax products.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You're going to have to contact Intuit. We on this forum are users of the professional tax software. We are unable to help you and your students.

Ex-AllStar