Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the amended return box checked

donaldjroman8
Level 1
Remove Form 1065 amended return box checked
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

If you're working on a 1040:

1. On the left panel, click on Miscellaneous Forms > Amended Return (1040-X) > General Information and Federal (1040X); and
  2. On the input screen, under the Return(s) to Amend section, uncheck the box for Amending federal return.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
donaldjroman8
Level 1

I am working on a Form 1065. But I followed the guidance you provided for 1040 prep as the screens seem similar for the Form 1065. The amended return box was not checked but the pdf of the return is printing with the Amended Return box checked on page 1 and also on each K-1. To me, it seems there is a problem with the software as nothing in my input should cause it to print as an amended return. 

Thank you for your response. 

0 Cheers
drygman
Level 1

I have this too but on a 1040.  Let me know when you figure it out.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
MissionAcct
Level 1

I had the same X-checkmarked Amended Return box on a Form 1120S and could not remove it.  I discovered that in the Profile tab for the return, the Federal Amended box was checked in the Select for E-File column was wrongly checked.  Unchecking it removed the X for Amended Return.  Fixed.

0 Cheers