Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a DRAFT copy of return for client review?

tomrcpa
Level 1
My 1st impressions: ProConnect sucks!!!
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

You can view the draft return online for free but printing it will require a credit.  See this article for the steps to follow: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/print-a-file/help/how-do-i-print-a-return-in-proconnect-tax-...

You are entitled to your opinion.  PTO does suck in a number of respects but it is also a very versatile tax program, capable of handling moderate to moderately complex returns, due (not mainly but) solely to the Lacerte engine under the hood.  Can't say the same for many other tax software.

If there's something you're not clear on, we may be able to shed some light on the underlying issue and help you get around those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

And with you coming from ProSeries, there's a relatively steep learning curve because of how the input screens in PTO are organized.  Tax software are mostly forms-based, as ProSeries is, or input-screen driven, like PTO and Lacerte.  It does take a bit of getting used to.  But if you think in terms of whether the input is for income, deductions, credits, etc., the transition may not be half as difficult.

When you do want to drill down from tax forms, you can preview the forms and drill down from those blue boxes.  They do not exist on every line item and the drill down may not get you to the precise input screen, especially if the input could come from multiple screens (e.g. 1099 and K-1) but it does help sometimes.

Otherwise, you can always use the trusty search box by typing in keywords.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar