Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get ProConnect to generate a 30% solar tax credit for construction commencing prior to 2020 but not put into service until 2020?

userjill
Level 2
Currently, the 5695 is only generating a 26% credit, although I did indicate that this was construction that commenced prior to 2020.
0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

The credit is based upon the date placed in service, i.e. when the power company says it is okay to connect to the grid. It is NOT when it started. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
userjill
Level 2

@George4Tacks 

Please see this guidance put out by the U.S. Department of Energy. It states that if construction began prior to 2020 and it was put in service prior to 2024, the credit is 30%.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2020/01/f70/Guide%20to%20the%20Federal%20Investment%20Tax%20...

My entity falls within these guidelines.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You say "entity".  If so, you might want to use the correct form.  Form 5695 is for residential credits.

Slava Ukraini!
userjill
Level 2

@IRonMaN 

So what is the correct form?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try 3468

Slava Ukraini!
userjill
Level 2

Form 3468... thank you for your help!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
rebecca.hamstra
Level 2

my client falls within these guidelines but ProConnect won't let me enter the information except as an override.  What am I missing?

0 Cheers
rebecca.hamstra
Level 2

Now it went in so please disregard my previous message.

Thanks

George4Tacks
Level 15

@rebecca.hamstra  

I do ignore exceptionally well. Thank you for allowing me to use my special skill. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns