Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I force ProConnect to refund the entire overpayment on a Form 1040-SR. In the application of overpayment drop-down menu, there is no such option.

tnkeim
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

By default, PTO refunds the entire overpayment.  In other words, there is nothing to force.

The screen that you and George referred to is applicable when you want a portion of or the entire overpayment applied to 2020 ES-tax.  If you have entered anything on that screen on the line for Apply overpayment to 2020, remove them and the overpayment will be refunded in full.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are TWO choices #6 and #7

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
tnkeim
Level 1

Someone replied that options 6 and 7 both specify a refund of the overpayment, but that is not correct.

Option 6 says "Apply entire refund, estimates if necessary"

Option 7 says, "Apply entire refund, no estimates"

There is no option to "Refund entire overpayment"

I am using option 7, and also specifying in the line below ("Amount to apply to 2020) that 0 is to be applied, but ProConnect is still applying 100% of the overpayment to 2020, and refunding none.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

By default, PTO refunds the entire overpayment.  In other words, there is nothing to force.

The screen that you and George referred to is applicable when you want a portion of or the entire overpayment applied to 2020 ES-tax.  If you have entered anything on that screen on the line for Apply overpayment to 2020, remove them and the overpayment will be refunded in full.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
I am that someone and I completely misread your request.
Please ignore my post and listen to the master that says delete any choice in that section.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers