Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter taxes withheld for ssa-1099 in ProConnect?

cmorris
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

This issue has been fixed in product, and you should no longer have a critical diagnostic trigger for this. 

Cheers

-Betty Jo 

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
itonewbie
Level 15

On the same input screen for SSA-1099, scroll down to the Tax Withheld section and make your input there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
fltaxman
Level 2

Gives an error message wanting it to go on Form-1099 MISC/NEC, but that form require an EIC.

0 Cheers
cogaston
Level 1

Please follow the form in the screen. Remember that for example NYS has an EIN for unemployment. I do a diligent search for all federal and state agencies EIN's .

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It is messed up this year in ProConnect Tax and Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
fltaxman
Level 2

SSA does not have an EIN.  The input screen that worked last year (that does not require an EIN) now tells you to use the Form 1099-MISC/NEC input screen for e-file, and that screen gives you the error message without an EIN.

itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo  Austin and BettyJo, could you please have the developers look into this?  The input screens in both Lacerte and PTO have changed this year and demand a nonexistent EIN for VTW, without which, a critical diagnostic would be generated.  This wasn't a problem last year for SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S.  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, Does anyone by any chance know the diagnostic number or text that is being generated? 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
1099-MISC/NEC #1: An entry in "Federal identification number" is required when federal income tax withheld is present in this item.

Ignore

US - Ref #54776

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo Social Security is not reported on a 1099-MISC or NEC either.

Ex-AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the reply, I have let our Lacerte Team know and they are investigating the issue.  I will keep you updated as I hear back.

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Our engineers are working on updating this section and I will let you know as soon as I have more information on release dates. 

Cheers! 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
fltaxman
Level 2

Does anybody know when this is going to be fixed?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

By Feb 12 for Lacerte

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-diagnostics/54795/ta-p/118127

Hopefully same date for PTO

Ex-AllStar
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @fltaxman

I have been informed that this would be fixed on a release prior to e-file live date of 02/12, hopefully sooner. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

This issue has been fixed in product, and you should no longer have a critical diagnostic trigger for this. 

Cheers

-Betty Jo 

maraityree
Level 1

This is still giving me a critical warning and telling me to go to the 1099-Nec section to enter federal withholding for social security benefits.  Am I reading these comments incorrectly...there is no date on Betty Jo's response that it is corrected.

0 Cheers
Beckys
Level 1

It is Feb 6th and I'm still getting the critical diagnostic error message for entering tax withholding from Social Security Form SSA-1099.

Becky

0 Cheers