Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a tax return for my accounting firm from QBO to ProConnect link?

janelldreyfus
Level 1
When I go to ProConnect, only my clients are available to create a tax return. I actually want to do my own business tax return and import my QB data.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Are you using QBO or QBOA = the Accountant portal? Your own QBO company should be one of the listings in your Client list.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I found these articles:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/generating-a-tax-return-for-proconnect-ta...

Integration function:

https://www.firmofthefuture.com/content/now-available-quickbooks-online-accountant-and-proconnect-ta...

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

The OP says he's using QBO.  In QBO, the accountant's books are listed under YOUR BOOKS and the accountant's firm is not listed under Clients as far as I can tell.

Would be good to find out if there's a way around because others have raised similar questions in the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@qbteachmtYes, these are the processes for clients' books but not the accountant's.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I know we discussed this before, and I see "my company" as well as Sample Companies provided to me for testing, assigned as "mine" and can manipulate them in both QBO and QBOA access. If I log into PTO, the integration is there that connects, as well, which seems to be a new feature.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Wonder if that's a feature that's available only on the test site because I don't see that on the live site.

@IntuitAustinCould you confirm if it is now possible to use Prep for Taxes with the accountants' own books?  If so, how does the process work?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers