Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi question isflat price in individual returns and its not change with more quantity of tax returns because for last year i paid flat price for all my tax file

mostafa_johari
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
itonewbie
Level 15

Each existing customer was provided with individualized pricing in the middle of last year based primarily on the volume of your returns.  If you had placed a pre-order by, I think Oct (but don't quote me on it), of at least 10 returns, your pricing for additional returns will remain the same as what you were quoted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

"If you had placed a pre-order by, I think Oct (but don't quote me on it), of at least 10 returns, your pricing for additional returns will remain the same as what you were quoted."

You just need to pre-order 1 return.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@puravidapto wrote:

You just need to pre-order 1 return.

Not according to @IntuitBoris, the PTO Product Manager, who confirmed in the FB Group that the minimum commitment for retaining the flat fee is a pre-order of 10 returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

I did not find anything written, I was so told verbally and practically I ordered only one return and the price stayed the "early renewal discount price" as of today. I hope they do not increase the price.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

As you can see, Boris has given a Cheer to acknowledge that the explanation is correct.  Here's his message to the FB group.

Screenshot_20210109-145223.jpg

Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

"As you can see, Boris has given a Cheer to acknowledge that the explanation is correct. Here's his message to the FB group."

This only mean that Boris said what you said that he said, which I believed in the first place. My sales representative said differently. We need an official written rule so that I can follow.

--
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

PTO Product manager VS Sales Rep.... hmmm, which one should you believe?

As for a verbal promise, that's as good as something an IRS person tells you when you call 1.800.829.1040

@puravidapto  - hope it works out for you.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Understand where you're coming from.

The 10-return minimum as communicated by Boris has been in place since the billing policy changed 2 years ago.  If you're looking for black and white, you'd find that in the bottom of your renewal quotation from Intuit, which says the following.

The numbers shown would be the number of returns you had purchased through 7/15/20.  This means Boris' concession (in writing) is a better deal than the standard terms.

Hopefully, your sales rep had hard coded on your account what you were promised.

Pre-order the above number of returns or more to lock in your discount price for the entire tax year 2020 season. Sign in to your ProConnect account and purchase your returns before September 17, 2020, to lock in your renewal discount.

Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

"PTO Product manager VS Sales Rep.... hmmm, which one should you believe?"

I believe in the reality. The reality showed that my sales representative was right. She was so confident that when I asked if I need to preorder one for personal and one for business, she told unambiguously no, only one from personal is all needed. I do not believe there is anything coded in my account.

However I do understand that without anything written, the reality can change, and that is why we should ask for a written policy. The intuit charges preorder in January and the season is short, I do not think Intuit has much to gain in this uncertainty game. Most people hate uncertainty. The return is not a physical product that they need to manufacture according to the order.

When I order written this year (2021), I saw the message "Lock in today's discount all season long". Is this generic message that also appears for those whose price is supposedly locked as well?

--
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

OK, fine - you can keep us posted on how it works out for you.

( Generic Comment )"
puravidapto
Level 7

"OK, fine - you can keep us posted on how it works out for you."

I think it is better for all of us to have a clear and written policy, not just for me. Based on this belief, I have written a request in the idea exchange board, I hope you can all go there and vote for it. The link is in my signature.

--
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

No thanks... I gave up fighting battles I know I can't win years ago.  I focus on the things that I know I can possibly change/impact.

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

No one in the FB group has yet to disagree with Boris' offer (which is in writing) over the last 2 years because most, if not all, feel that a minimum order of 10 returns (in comparison with the standard terms stipulated in the renewal quotation) is very reasonable (based on comments I've seen).

Why push the envelop?  Intuit could well come back and enforce the standard terms.

Just like you, @abctax55, I'd rather focus on things that are more important and productive (knowing how Intuit works).  Spent way too much time trying to "influence" Intuit already.

Still an AllStar