Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7004 extension for an 1120S was rejected. Where do I find the reject code/reason?

KatsCanary
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

1120S was due March 16 (for calendar year entity). An extension needed to be filed before that date. This tax return was not deferred for filing due date.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

It was rejected because the return was due on 3/15.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"IR-2020-66, April 9, 2020

WASHINGTON — To help taxpayers, the Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced today that Notice 2020-23 (PDF) extends additional key tax deadlines for individuals and businesses.

Last month, the IRS announced that taxpayers generally have until July 15, 2020, to file and pay federal income taxes originally due on April 15. No late-filing penalty, late-payment penalty or interest will be due.

Today’s notice expands this relief to additional returns, tax payments and other actions. As a result, the extensions generally now apply to all taxpayers that have a filing or payment deadline falling on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020. Individuals, trusts, estates, corporations and other non-corporate tax filers qualify for the extra time. This means that anyone, including Americans who live and work abroad, can now wait until July 15 to file their 2019 federal income tax return and pay any tax due."

The window opened April 1. Before that, you were supposed to stay on schedule as usual.

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi,
Try the steps in this article for finding the Submission ID - the reason for rejection will be displayed in the same place. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/how-do-i-find-a-return-s-submission-i...

KatsCanary
Level 2

I have filed many other 7004 extensions in the last two days and all have been accepted except for this one.

The reject reason:  "Form 7004, the application for extension can only be filed after the Tax Period End Date and on or before the due date of the return to which the extension applies as specified in the Form 7004 Data Charts in Publication 4164."

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

1120S extensions or 1120 extensions?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
KatsCanary
Level 2

1120S extensions

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

1120S was due March 16 (for calendar year entity). An extension needed to be filed before that date. This tax return was not deferred for filing due date.

0 Cheers