Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4868

G-dog
Level 2

Form 4868 is listing my firm's mailing address, not the client's mailing address.  Is this happening to anyone else?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kreinard
Employee
Employee

Looks like it defaults to the firm address. There is an override on the 4868 screen that says:

Reply: 1=firm address, 2 = client address [override], placing a 2 on that field will give you what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Somewhere it is set to do that. It is fine.

Ex-AllStar
G-dog
Level 2

I don't think it's fine. I'm sending Form 4868 to the client. The extension voucher lists the client's name and SSN, but has my firm's address under part 1 (identification). This is happening on all 1040's. Seems pretty clear it's a computer programming error on the part of PTO.  

0 Cheers
kreinard
Employee
Employee

Looks like it defaults to the firm address. There is an override on the 4868 screen that says:

Reply: 1=firm address, 2 = client address [override], placing a 2 on that field will give you what you're looking for.

G-dog
Level 2

Thank you.  Seems silly to have the firm address as the default.  On a side note, I'm glad there is this form.  The PTO phone and chat support are completely useless - they have never been helpful. As an example, I asked this question and his recommendation was to change my firm's address so the extension form would look correct.  And the worst part, he was really rude.  

0 Cheers