Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 Complex Trust and K-1

swongtax
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I am working on duplicating a 2019 Form 1041 Complex Trust using ProConnect and H&R Block software to see if I can come up with the same numbers for all of the forms and schedules.

*The Trust is paying the income tax on dividends, interest and capital gains, not the beneficiaries.

In this case, is there any need to include three beneficiary Schedule K-1 with no numbers?

In the 2019 completed Tax return copy that I am reviewing, I see three Schedules K-1 beneficiaries with no numbers on them.

My guess is that there is no need for the K-1s if the Trust is paying the tax.

ProConnect would not allow me to generate K-1 ones with no numbers, since I think having K-1 means the income is distributing to the beneficiaries, which in this case, it is not.

Please advise and comment.  Thank you!

Sui

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. But it is not wrong to generate -0- K-1s. I frequently do it so I know nothing was omitted. Is there an option in ProConnect to generate, or not, zero dollar K-1s?

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

There were no distributions to the beneficiaries that year?

swongtax
Level 4

No distributions to any of the beneficiaries at all since the Trust was created.

It is necessary to generate the Schedule K-1 with no numbers for the three beneficiaries each year?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. But it is not wrong to generate -0- K-1s. I frequently do it so I know nothing was omitted. Is there an option in ProConnect to generate, or not, zero dollar K-1s?

Ex-AllStar