Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For 1120s need NAICS Code 611610 for dance studio can this code be added asap. Thank you

kanddtaxprep
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

@kanddtaxprep 

This is NOT Intuit support - this is a peer to peer forum populated by fellow software users. So nope, *we* can't add anything, ASAP or otherwise.

And Intuit doesn't "add" NAICS codes, the government dictates those.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

AND ...  611610 exists in the drop down menu for Lacerte. 

I'd be really surprised if it isn't also there for PTO.

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
PTO seems to only have a short list. Use 611000 as that is as close as you are gonna get with this abbreviated software.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Wow...  talk about "the poor stepchild" sydrome.

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

AND ...  611610 exists in the drop down menu for Lacerte. 

I  think Lacerte is wrong.

The instructions don't say to enter a NAICS code.  It says to enter the "Principal Business Activity Code" (which is based on NAICS) and to enter the code "from the list below".

So you need to use a number that is from the list in the Instructions, not from the NAICS website.  And 611610 is not on that list.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1120s.pdf#page=47

EDIT:  What number shows up on the tax form?  It is possible that Lacerte is set up to enter a NAICS code and then translates it to the proper "Principal Business Activity Code" from the instructions.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Could be....  I just typed in the number to see if it was available.  I didn't look to see what it "said" 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

And how does any code here help to administer the proper collection of income taxes? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

And how does any code here help to administer the proper collection of income taxes? 

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but from what I understand, they are used to create statistical averages for a particular type of business.   So when the IRS gets a tax return that is significantly different than the statistical average for that type of business, it can trigger a 'red flag' for a potential audit.  

And of course an audit is used to collect taxes.   🙂