Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filing return

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI everyone

I'm just starting with Tax filing and I already bought a 1040 return but honestly it's so confusing, I took a class with H&R BLOCK to learn about taxes and I'm comfortable doing it the old fashion way ,but now I can't understand most terms.

My question, is there a way where you can be in touch with someone while doing at least the first return, I tried watching webinars but it's not clear enough.

Thanks every one

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
Post questions here.
Start DUMMY returns with SSNs that are not real. DO NOT TRY to PRINT or E-FILE and you will not be charged. Do a variety of returns you have previously done to see how things work.
Come back here and ask clear, complete and concise questions and you will generally get good advice as to how to proceed.
Once you are comfy with the DUMMY Returns, start to get ready for the real ones. Have Fun.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15
Post questions here.
Start DUMMY returns with SSNs that are not real. DO NOT TRY to PRINT or E-FILE and you will not be charged. Do a variety of returns you have previously done to see how things work.
Come back here and ask clear, complete and concise questions and you will generally get good advice as to how to proceed.
Once you are comfy with the DUMMY Returns, start to get ready for the real ones. Have Fun.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Taking a tax class really isnt setting you up for success in filing returns on your own, you should really look for some type of position with a mentor or coach or someone that can assist on a daily basis..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪