Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message says "your direct deposit of the tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after Nov 30, 20' What? Why Fed DD bank info not trfer to State?

DD diagnostic issue and also bank info not showing on State return. This is a 2020 return.  My first time using ProConnect.  Also, it had a huge tax on CA for health, why didn't it ask me that question that my client has health insurance?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

The direct deposit thingy would officially be classified by Intuit as "unexpected behavior that will be corrected in a future update".

Slava Ukraini!

OK, so the direct deposit will be fixed in a future update.  How do I tell ProConnect that my client wants direct deposit for the State return also?  Seems weird it's not showing in forms on the CA return like it is on the Fed return.  There's no place in CA input that I can see to add it.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

why didn't it ask me that question that my client has health insurance?

Why didn't YOU ask your client that?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't do ProConnect Online so I can't help you there. I can report on the other issue because of numerous posts about the issue.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@cmeder5-gmail-co wrote:
Also, it had a huge tax on CA for health, why didn't it ask me that question that my client has health insurance?

There will be an input screen to enter that if you have asked your client.  But since even the FTB has not finalized those forms, I'm not sure Intuit or any tax software developer would know what to put into the program.  In the meantime, there's an input screen for CA F.3895 but not F.3893.

How do I tell ProConnect that my client wants direct deposit for the State return also? Seems weird it's not showing in forms on the CA return like it is on the Fed return. There's no place in CA input that I can see to add it.

It's there.  You just need to know where to find it.  In this case, the input is under General > Misc. Info./Direct Deposit, on the CA tab, under the California Direct Deposit of Refund / Electronic Payment section.

PTO is a very versatile professional tax software due mainly to it having the Lacerte engine under the hood, although the operation is definitely more clunky, the dashboard has far fewer gauges and customizable options, and you may need to live with the smell of some cheap plastic, faux leather (ok, maybe not!).  You shouldn't have to worry about missing parts if you are working on moderate or moderately complex returns.  In case you are lost, you can always use the handy search bar by typing in some keywords to find what you need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar