Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering the beginning inventory for the cost of goods sold schedule but my numbers disappear and the box turns blank for a corporation tax return 1120. Any suggestions?

liniaboghozian
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are two possible entries, one is in the balance sheet and does not show up on COGS. The other is in Cost of Goods Sold and that should be the one you are entering. If you do and it disappears, you need to contact support. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are two possible entries, one is in the balance sheet and does not show up on COGS. The other is in Cost of Goods Sold and that should be the one you are entering. If you do and it disappears, you need to contact support. 

liniaboghozian
Level 1

Thank you George for your response! I logged out and logged back in and seems like the problem went away. I was entering in COGS part of Income. Are you suggesting I leave this part of balance sheet blank?

Inventories (if different from inventory entries in Cost of Goods Sold)

Best,

Linia.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I was only trying to figure out where you were. You may need to enter beginning balances if this is the first year. Review the return and enter balance sheet items as needed.
I am glad it cleared itself. Chrome seems to be the most stable browser.

liniaboghozian
Level 1

Thanks that was helpful!

0 Cheers