Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ProConnect maintain separate limitation loss accounts as required by the instructions for Form 1116 line 16?

Kevin425
Level 2
Adjustments can be manually entered for line 16, but Form 1116 instructions require maintaining separate limitation loss accounts and attaching a statement to Form 1116 showing the balance in each separate category.  The return from my client's previous tax preparer includes a statement that appears to have been generated by tax software, but I don't see any way to maintain or generate this statement in ProConnect.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

No.  You will need to compute any SLL/OFL/ODL as well as recapture outside of PTO.  Manual adjustments will need to be made and the account you keep must also be attached manually.

I recall GoSystem RS does have limited capability to capture some of the details but it's not perfect either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

No.  You will need to compute any SLL/OFL/ODL as well as recapture outside of PTO.  Manual adjustments will need to be made and the account you keep must also be attached manually.

I recall GoSystem RS does have limited capability to capture some of the details but it's not perfect either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Kevin425
Level 2

Thank you for confirming.  I also looked in Miscellaneous Forms in PTO for a loss accounts form and didn't find anything.  I can create a form with the required loss accounts information and attach it to the return, but if you happen to know of a source of fillable PDFs for this purpose, let me know - thanks!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

We prepare our own. Not aware of any template out there.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers