Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ProConnect generate Form 3520, Certain Foreign Trust Reporting Requirements, to report gifts from non-residents aliens for 2020 Tax Year?

hyunmoo-lee
Level 1
An US individual received gifts (more than $100K) from non-resident aliens during 2020. Currently, the gifts money is in a bank under the US jurisdiction.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit has just made an announcement that fill-in forms will be available in PTO starting Feb.  It's just not clear whether all forms not currently included with computation will be included.  Guess we'll need to wait and see.

F.3520 is a dummy form that has to be filed separately on paper anyway.  So, I'm not too worried.  Of course, it's still best if we can have all the forms in one place under PTO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

It's not available in PTO.  We use CCH Intelliforms to prepare these.

You can always refer to the following website for form availability in Lacerte/PTO:

https://lfs.intuit.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
puravidapto
Level 7

Yes, it is indeed not available on PTO, but it should not be difficult to make it available. If you make a request in the idea board (the link is in my signature), I will vote for it.

By the way, when someone answered your question, you should mark it as an answer.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit has just made an announcement that fill-in forms will be available in PTO starting Feb.  It's just not clear whether all forms not currently included with computation will be included.  Guess we'll need to wait and see.

F.3520 is a dummy form that has to be filed separately on paper anyway.  So, I'm not too worried.  Of course, it's still best if we can have all the forms in one place under PTO.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Jaye
Level 3

Hello,

So, if my client is receiving more than $100,000 a year,

Do I have to fill out the form 3520 and send just that form to IRS by mail separately while all other forms are efiled??

0 Cheers