Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a problem with the Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116 which incorrectly includes domestic mutual fund capital gains distributions as foreign source income?

Bill289
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill289
Level 2

Kahley6

I figured out that you can't input the foreign dividends and the related foreign tax credits on the same 1099Div where your entered the domestic data.

I went to the Form 1116 input screen and entered the foreign dividends and credits as though I had a seperate 1099Div. All calculations were then done correctly.

I was unable to get an answer from the chat line except that they would look into the matter and to watch for a possible solution.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Kahley6
Level 1

I am having this same issue. Did you get this resolved? Id like to know what you found out.

0 Cheers
Bill289
Level 2

Kahley6

I figured out that you can't input the foreign dividends and the related foreign tax credits on the same 1099Div where your entered the domestic data.

I went to the Form 1116 input screen and entered the foreign dividends and credits as though I had a seperate 1099Div. All calculations were then done correctly.

I was unable to get an answer from the chat line except that they would look into the matter and to watch for a possible solution.