Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to attach anything when I e-file?

kristen58
Level 1

Hi all,

This is my first year using any professional tax software, I have always used TurboTax in the past. I have a return completed, all of the diagnostics are cleared, and and the client signed a paper copy of the 8879.

To e-file the return, do I just click the e-file button? I just want to make sure that I don't need to attach a pdf or perform any other steps before I send the return.

I'm using ProConnect.

Thanks for any help!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
You should get a diagnostic if the software thinks anything needs to be attached. If you don't see a form you think should be in the return when you check the return, it needs to be attached. Respond with what form that is and we might be able to help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Are you preparing your *own* return, or a return for a client?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure you weren't preparing client returns on Turbotax....no, you shouldnt need to attach anything extra for a basic return, Im assuming are an ERO and you have an EFIN so that returns can be Efiled, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kristen58
Level 1

It's a return for a client.

I forgot to mention in the original post that I already registered my EFIN with Intuit, if that helps.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
You should get a diagnostic if the software thinks anything needs to be attached. If you don't see a form you think should be in the return when you check the return, it needs to be attached. Respond with what form that is and we might be able to help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
kristen58
Level 1

I always just did taxes for family in Turbotax. I'm an ERO and registered my EFIN with Intuit. Thanks for your help, I just wanted some confirmation that I was sending it right. I feel like ProConnect's instructions/support are a little lacking unless you go to the community forums.

0 Cheers
kristen58
Level 1

There weren't any diagnostics saying anything needed to be attached, so I'm guessing I'm good to go.

Thanks for your help!

0 Cheers