Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client do not like to login Intuit to view tax return - any system can be used?

skyworks
Level 5

Hi,

I have a few oversea clients and a  couple clietns do not like to login to Intuit system to view their return.

We do not want email attach the return, can anyone suggest a securited way to send return and other document to client?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am sure our ever present ALL STAR @itonewbie can give you some good direction.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit Link has its problems but if you use it as your client portal, there's little reason for you to share the return with your client by alternative means.  If I were you, I would cajole my clients to access the return on Intuit Link especially since there is really no downside to this so long as you use the "Act as taxpayer" function to upload the return rather than sharing the return with client via PTO.

Since we no longer use Intuit Link, we use our secure client portal to share returns (and exchange tax data/documents with clients).  We also use encrypted emails (which our clients can access via a portal) as an alternative means of communication.

In case you don't have access to encrypted emails, sending the return over email should only be done if you use a PDF editor to password protected the file for at least read access or you can simply password protect it with a ZIP utility.  I would also send the password separately from the email with attachment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
360lifetime
Level 1

If you dont mind me asking, what do you use for your client portal?  We use ATOManager but we are trying to use a system that automates sharing tax return and signing tax return without having to upload the client copy to  our portal and have them docusign which is why we moved to intuit. 

0 Cheers