Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Billing Options

NSBS
Level 2

Currently, I participate in the Pay-By-Return program. However, I have a client who wants their refund direct deposited, but does not want to use the refund to pay me. He would rather pay my tax preparation fees out-of-pocket. So, I completed the direct deposit inputs and e-filed the return without entering the pay-by-return selections. Both the state and federal returns have been accepted. At this time, I'd like to know if the system will automatically generate an invoice OR if I will need to create and generate the invoice for payment? Please assist. Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Can't he just hand you the payment? You should get paid prior to Efiling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
NSBS
Level 2

Yes, he can and you're absolutely right. I think I just wanted an invoice to generate so that I can tie his payment back to this service in the event anything ever happened. Honestly, I've never had someone want to pay me upfront so this is a new one for me. Has this ever happened to you and if so, how do you handle it?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with ProConnect Tax Online, I think @itonewbie  or @George4Tacks might be able to help better.

Seems like there should be a way to get it to print out an invoice of some kind.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15